Are you washing your face properly?
Whether you realize it or not, there is a right way and a wrong way to wash your face. How you wash can have almost as significant of an impact on your skin as the products you use.
For example, if you use too little cleanser it may not do its job properly. Use too much and it could lead to over drying and wasting money.
So let’s focus on the right way. And don’t worry, it’s super easy. Not to mention, you already have the tools you need: your hands.
That’s right. You don’t even need any fancy equipment to properly wash your face. Even though the market is currently flooded with all sorts of gadgets, such as the Clarisonic automatic brush cleanser, promising amazing results, these devices don’t accomplish any more than you could using just your hands and they usually cause more irritation.
There’s no need for special wash cloths or cleaning brushes (i.e. Clarisonic) with the products we recommend at Atlanta Acne Specialists. Save your money, because your hands are effective cleaning tools.
When washing your face in the sink.
- To begin, apply a few drops of cleanser into one of your hands.
- Wet your second hand in a stream of warm water. Make sure that the water is not too hot or too cold. Use your wet hand to sprinkle a few droplets of water into the hand with cleanser.
- Rub your hands together to form a lather, and then massage in circular motion onto your entire face all the way to your hairline. Don’t forget to wash your neck in the same way, also.
Note: If removing eye makeup, like mascara, you can also use this same process. Be sure to keep your eyes closed.
- After massaging the product into your face for about 30 seconds, wet your hands under a stream of warm water. Then splash your face with the warm water until the cleanser is completely removed.
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel.
When washing your face in the shower
- In the shower, add a few drops into your wet hands and then work into a lather.
- Massage the cleanser into your face and neck for about 30 seconds.
- Rinse thoroughly under the shower.
Tips to remember
To evenly distribute your facial product, apply the directed amount onto one hand and rub your hands together so that you have an equal amount on each hand. Then at the same time, apply to both sides of your face. Be sure to rub the product in circular motions until completely absorbed into the skin.
When you apply your product in this way, you ensure even distribution on your face.
And finally, always apply your SPF product after your other facial products but before makeup.
If you have any questions about washing your face or using our recommended products, please give us a call at 404.900.5152.